As moms, we are powerful creatures. We know we have an impact on our children’s lives, and our families.
But have you ever wondered, “How can I be a part of even bigger changes, bigger movements?”
In today’s episode, Cynthia Changyit Levin, author of From Changing Diapers to Changing the World: Why Moms Make Great Advocates & How to Get Started - discusses advocacy, motherhood, and points us in the direction to make even broader societal changes.
- Gives us a simple definition of advocacy
- Shares how she got started
- Outlines the benefits of advocacy and tween & teen girls
- Demystifies the process
- Empowers us to get started!
For more info and to follow Cynthia Changyit Levin:
- Instagram: @ccylevin
- Twitter: @ccylevin
- On International Women’s Day, March 8, you’ll be able to order From Changing Diapers to Changing the World: Why Moms Make Great Advocates & How to Get Started on Amazon and your favorite bookstores. But before March 8, 2022, you can order an autographed copy at www.changyit.com/books
Other references in this episode:
- Sunrise Movement- Youth org for climate justice – https://www.sunrisemovement.org/
- UNICEF UNITE - youth clubs for global health – https://www.unicefusa.org/startaclub
- RESULTS – www.results.org
- FCNL (Friends Committee on National Legislation) – https://www.fcnl.org/
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby – https://citizensclimatelobby.org/
- "The Path: Creating Your Mission Statement for Work and For Life” by Laurie Beth Jones
Know Them, Be Them, Raise Them
Leave a 5* review on Apple Podcasts! I'll be forever grateful, and you'll help other mindful moms find us. Go to our Apple Podcasts page and scroll down til you see stars, and click to rate (and leave a comment if you're inspired to).
For more doses of information and inspiration: