Every year, International Women's Day chooses a theme -- a specific call to action in an effort to further gender parity.
This year's theme is #breakthebias -- calling attention to the ways that explicit and implicit biases negatively impact women. And while we celebrate International Women's Day on March 8, we're challenged to use the rest of the year to make progress on ending gender bias.
While we know what bias is on some visceral level, I wanted to do a quick episode that spells it all out -- what gender bias is, how it shows up in women's lives, and what we can do about it.
In this episode on bias against women and girls, we cover:
- The definition of gender bias
- The most common biases that women face
- The bias that ties into imposter syndrome
- 4 ways women can move the needle on gender bias in the workplace
- 7 tips for helping reduce the negative impact of gender bias on our daughters
- One bonus tip for how to break your biases
Other references in this episode:
- Ep. 26 - Cynthia Changyit Levin - "From Changing Diapers to Changing the World"
- Ep. 11 - Annie Warshaw of Mission Propelle - Unpacking Gender Equity
Know Them, Be Them, Raise Them