Ever wish you had a magic spell that would guarantee your daughter turns into a brave and confident woman? An “abracadabra” to ensure she grows up to be bold and powerful, in the best way?
While sadly there’s no such thing, Wendy Snyder, Positive Parenting Teacher, Family Coach and founder of A Fresh Start Family, offers us some guidance in her article, "10 Important Phrases Parents Can Use to Empower Their Daughters.”
The episode dives into how we can rephrase our words - how we can say things better, to better support our daughters.
- I love you no matter what.
- You are absolutely beautiful, inside and out.
- You are strong, and you’ve got this! I’m here to support you.
- How do you feel?
- Gosh, I love my ______ (body part)! What is your favorite part of your body?
- Oh yeah? Tell me more.
- How can you be a light in this situation?
- You have a strong desire to feel powerful and that is GOOD!
- How will you be the change you want to see?
- I am not ok with _____, or I’d like you to ______.
To learn more about Wendy and A Fresh Start Family, visit:
- Website: www.freshstartfamilyonline.com
- Instagram: @freshstartwendy
- Podcast: The Fresh Start Family Show
- Got a strong-willed child? Click here for the free guide, "How to Raise Strong Willed Kids With Integrity" and check out "10 Firm and Kind Phrases to Use When Your Child Isn't Listening."
- You can also enroll in a free class on power struggles - save your seat by visiting www.freshstartfamilyonline.com/powerstrugglesclass .
Know Them, Be Them, Raise Them
For more doses of information and inspiration: