What's a cognitive distortion? How do I manage my or my daughter's negative thought spirals? Join host Carmelita Tiu as she chats with her guest, author and therapist Julia Hogan.
- What cognitive distortions are, and dives deeper into
- All or nothing thinking
- Magical thinking or mind reading
- "Should" Statements
- Others not mentioned but that are widely recognized include:
- Mental Filter
- Disqualifying the Positive
- Emotional Reasoning
- Here's an article that helps explain them: https://positivepsychology.com/cognitive-distortions/
- What we can do to retrain our brains
- How we can help our kids break negative thought patterns
Follow Julia Hogan, LPC here:
- Instagram: @juliahoganlcpc
- Sign up for her monthly newsletter here!
- Julia is the author of the book, It's OK to Start with You, published by Our Sunday Visitor (it’s also available on Amazon). Her next book titled, A Work in Progress: Embracing the Life God Gave You, will be published in Spring 2022.
Know Them, Be Them, Raise Them
For more doses of information and inspiration: