Sexual Assault: Creating a Dialogue + 7 Phrases to Say to Our Girls // by Carmelita Tiu
April is sexual assault awareness month -- a reminder to acknowledge and support survivors, advocate for further awareness, and educate ourselves and our kids.
While we know what sexual assault is on some visceral level, I wanted to do a quick episode that spells out what body boundaries, sexual assault, and consent are.
It's so hard to know when to talk about these topics - and how to talk about them without instilling fear or anxiety. So I tried to find ways to raise the topics organically, what to say as a baseline of understanding, and other helpful phrases that our daughters need to hear.
Listen to hear:
- The definition of sexual assault and consent
- How to bring up this topic with your daughters, including using current events and pop culture to help facilitate conversations
- 7 things to say to your daughters, to foster open communication, and help them feel more empowered and aware about sexual assault going forward
Other episodes to check out:
- 24/7 Free Support Hotline - 800-656-HOPE (4673)
Know Them, Be Them, Raise Them
New episodes drop every Tuesday (and sometimes in between). Subscribe here: Apple, Spotify, Google. And if you got something out of the podcast, I'd love it if you could leave a 5* review!
- For more doses of information and inspiration:
- follow on Instagram
- sign up for our monthly newsletter
- visit www.knowberaisethem.com