Mean girls. Queen bees. Wannabes. We've all felt or witnessed the ups and downs of female friendship, especially during those tween and teen years.
In this episode, author Jessica Speer chats with host Carmelita Tiu, and explains why tween & teen girls have friendship struggles, sheds light on friendship truths, and shares tips and advice on how moms can help their daughters navigate these challenging times.
- The basis of friendship evolves as kids grow up
- How friendship struggles aren’t unique to girls; boys have them too
- The importance of a growth mindset when it comes to friendship
- What secondary trauma is and how if we overreact, our kids will stop sharing with us
- How to encourage self-awareness through dialogue, quizzes, and ongoing conversations about friendship
- Why we should avoid labeling kids
- Teaching your daughter that you don’t have to be friends with everyone, not everyone is going to like you, and you’re not always going to be included
To learn more about Jessica Speer and her work:
- Visit www.jessicaspeer.com
- Instagram: @jessica_speer_author
- Facebook: @https://www.facebook.com/JessicaSpeerAuthor
- Twitter: @SpeerAuthor
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessica-speer-46b6457/
- If you’re interested in social-emotional development, friendship and parenting topics, Jessica has a free monthly eNewsletter. Signup on her website, www.JessicaSpeer.com. New subscribers receive a PDF of the Friendship Pyramid from BFF or NRF as well as social emotional resources.
Know Them, Be Them, Raise Them
For more doses of information and inspiration: