Post-Divorce Wisdom: Lessons All Moms Can Learn // with Heather McGinley and Laura Koo
Every failure presents opportunities for learning, and a failed marriage is no different.
In Ep. 32, Heather McGinley and Laura Koo chat with host Carmelita Tiu about the ups and downs of life post-divorce, and what they’ve learned.
Some key takeaways:
- It’s helpful for kids to have a sense for the work that parents put into giving them the life that they have. Tough moments can create opportunities for them to step up and be helpful.
- Sometimes divorce allows someone to be a better parent. It may seem counterintuitive, but a toxic relationship can suck up an outsized amount of energy.
- When you as a mom are able to come from a happy and healthy place, that positively impacts all of your relationships.
- Let your kids see your emotions. It can open the door to talk about big feelings.
- Normalize that idea that romantic relationships have seasons and phases, just like friendships, and may not last forever. Help them understand when and how to let go in a healthy way.
- Teach your daughters what a healthy relationship looks like.
- Remember that we are not merely the roles we play. The role of “mom” is just one part of our selves.
To learn more about Heather, Laura, and Thirsty: the Podcast, check out:
- Instagram: @thirstythepodcast
Know Them, Be Them, Raise Them
Subscribe here: Apple, Spotify, Google. New episodes drop every Tuesday (and sometimes in between).
For more doses of information and inspiration:
- follow @knowberaisethem on Instagram
- Like the podcast page on Facebook
- sign up for our monthly newsletter
- visit www.knowberaisethem.com